What smell can bring you a much sweeter feeling than an apple pie? Especially the Apple pie recipe from your grandmother, a sweet home feeling is added. When you come back home on a cold winter night, a big bite of warm, soft and sweet apple pie will definitely make you feel much better! Being a classic dessert, there are varias ways to make your own apple pie, you can also learn the secret of this recipe from your dear grandmother; in this case, here we just introduce you a very common and easy apple pie recipe. Hope you can enjoy this apple pie together with your granny!
Source from: Taste of home
Apple pie recipe
Por February 14, 2014Publicado:
- Resultado: serves 8
- Preparación: 30 min
- Otro: 50 min
- Terminada en: 1 hr 20 min
Enjoy a mouthful of Apple´s sweetness!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 7 cups tart apple peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoom Lemon juice
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie 9-inch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices. In a large bowl, toss apples with some lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Beat and whip egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dificultad: Moderate