Pumpkin is one of the most widely used ingredients on the list of desserts recipe, for example, the pumpkin pie recipe which we are going to show you on Handspire. Creamy feeling together with a fresh sweet taste, this will for sure bring you some warmth in some cool days. Besides, pumpkin is rich in fibres and help people to be much healthier.
Follow our pumpkin pie recipe, we ensure you that you are going to experience this enjoyable and traditional taste again!
Come to find more recipe for desserts on Handspire!
This recipe is inspired by Paula Deen
Pumpkin pie recipe
Por February 17, 2014Publicado:
- Resultado: serves 6
- Preparación: 15 min
- Otro: 30 min
- Terminada en: 1 hr 35 min
Learn how to make a sweet and rich tasted pumkin pie from Handspire!
- 8 ounce Cream cheese soften
- 2 cups pumpkin smashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger optional
- 1 piece pre-made pie dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough down into a (9-inch) pie pan and press down along the bottom and all sides. Pinch and crimp the edges together to make a pretty pattern. Put the pie shell back into the freezer for 1 hour to firm up. Fit a piece of aluminum foil to cover the inside of the shell completely. Fill the shell up to the edges with pie weights or dried beans (about 2 pounds) and place it in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and pie weights and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust is dried out and beginning to color.
- For the filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined. Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until combined. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, if using, and beat until incorporated
- Pour the filling into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cut into slices and top each piece with a generous amount of whipped cream.
- Dificultad: Advanced