Try this meringue recipe for a French dessert that makes a tasty flavour combination with its sweet and chewy texture. Sure to be a hit for any occasion, serve with fresh strawberries and double cream! Or use in a recipe for Eton Mess or Pavlova.
Test out your whisking skills with this tea time treat!
Get creative, why not add food colouring to the recipe to make some gorgeous treats!
How to make Meringues
Por January 9, 2014Publicado:
Try this simple recipe for this tea time favourite.
- 1) Preheat the oven to 140C and line two flat baking sheets.
- 2) Separate the eggs into a large mixing bowl by cracking the egg in half and transferring the yoke between the two halves being careful that the egg whites fall into the bowl.
- 3) Using an electric hand whisk, whisk the egg whites just until they form stiff peaks when the whisk is removed.
- 4) Next slowly add the sugar, one teaspoon at a time. Continue to whisk until mixture is thick and glossy.
- 5) Using a tablespoon, spoon 10-16 balls of the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet. Be careful to leave spaces between them.
- 6) Bake meringues for one hour or until they are crispy on the outside. Once baked leave to cool in the oven with the door open. Serve with double cream and strawberries for a summer treat!
- Dificultad: Moderate