This enticing American classic Red Velvet Cake recipe is perfect for any holiday occasion. It's layers of dark red colour and delicious texture will create a romantic dessert for a Valentine's meal!
Easier to bake than it looks, this rich and creamy cake is sure to take your fancy!
Red Velvet Cake
Por January 15, 2014Publicado:
Follow this easy recipe for a delicious and dramatic red velvet cake.
- 600g Caster sugar
- 250g butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 tblsp red food colouring
- 3 tblsp Cocoa powder
- 370g plain flour
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- salt pinch
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400g Cream cheese
- 350g white chocolate
- 250g butter
- 1tsp vinegar
- 1) Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease and flour three 20cm tins.
- 2) In a large bowl, cream 250g butter with sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Mix in the food colouring and cocoa to mixture.
- 3) Sift in the flour, whilst alternately adding salt, vanilla and buttermilk. Add the vinegar and bicarbonate of soda.
- 4) Divide cake mixture into the three tins. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- 5) For the icing, melt the white chocolate in a pyrex bowl over hot water. Allow to cool slightly.
- 6) Next beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Slowly add in butter and white chocolate and continue to beat until creamy. Use to ice the cake.