A Carrot cake recipe is a recipe full of nutrition which is surely going to do some good for you.
Not only is it rich in Vitamine A but also easy to make, the cost of this recipe is also low. In this case, it is hard to resist this dessert. This flavourful cake is good for kids as well, will definitely add some sweet memory to their childhood, for example, having a piece of Carrot cake after returning home from school...
Now let us move to learn how to make it according to carrot cake recipe on Handspire!
Carrot cake recipe
Por February 17, 2014Publicado:
- Resultado: serves 12
- Preparación: 10 min
- Otro: 50 min
- Terminada en: 60 min
A nice combination of carrot and cake!
- 3 cups all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 Large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups coconut
- 2 cups carrots finely grated
- 1 cup pineapple drained crushed
- 8 ounce Cream cheese
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter two 9 inch cake pans. Cut out rounds of wax paper and place at bottoms of cake pans. Butter the top of the wax paper rounds.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in chopped walnuts, coconut, carrots and pineapple.
- Pour batter into pans. Set on the middle rack of oven and bake for 45-50 minutes (shift positions of cakes front-to-back if necessary about halfway through), until edges have pulled away from sides and a toothpick or sharp knife tip inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a cake rack.
- To prepare frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Slowly sift in the confectioners sugar and beat until mixture is free of lumps. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Once cakes have cooled, frost. Sprinkle top with chopped walnuts or arrange walnut halves in a crown around the top.
- Dificultad: Easy