Crab cake recipe, a recipe which combines sea-taste and cake-taste perfectly is welcomed by many cooks and foodies.
Just by fresh and pure crabmeat this cake makes itself outstanding among various desserts.
By just simply adding some lemon juice can help to get rid of the unpleasant smell of the crab and make the texture soften and more tasty.
Enjoy a bite of sea with Handspire´s Crab cake recipe!
crab cake recipe
Por March 3, 2014Publicado:
- Resultado: serves 4
- Preparación: 25 min
- Otro: 60 min
- Terminada en: 1 hr 25 min
Enjoy a bite of sea!
- 1 big egg
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat picked over
- 20 saltine crackers
- 1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, lightly toss the crabmeat with the cracker crumbs. Gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop the crab mixture into eight 1/3-cup mounds; lightly pack into 8 patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick. In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering.
- Add the crab cakes and cook over moderately high heat until deeply golden and heated through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the crab cakes to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
- Note: The crab cakes can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated overnight.
- Dificultad: Moderate