A vegetarian take on the hearty Italian classic, this aubergine lasagne recipe is sure to be a hit!
Very easy to make and is full of goodness you can really impress your guests with this dish!
Por January 8, 2014Publicado:
- Resultado: 6 Número
- Preparación: 45 min
A simple and healthy recipe for a meat free lasagne.
- 3 aubergines
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 100g cheedar cheese
- 50g parmesano cheese
- 2 x 400g Tinned pum tomatoes
- fresh basil
- fresh thyme
- 5 tblsp olive oil
- 6-8 fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 large onion
- splash basalmic vinegar
- 2 red peppers
- 1) Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Steam the aubergines whole for about 30 minutes or until softened, but still firm to touch. Once steamed, scoop out the flesh and chop.
- 2) Next take a large frying pan and sautee the aubergines with the garlic, onion, basil, thyme and olive oil for around 10 minutes.
- 3) Add the tomotoes and peppers to your mixture and stir in well with a splash of basalmic vinegar. Simmer for a further 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 4) Spread a layer of the sauce into a large shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle some parmesano and cheddar and add a fresh lasagne sheet. Repeat step 2 or 3 times, untill all ingeredients have been used.
- 5) Finish with a sprinkle of parmesano and a drizzle of olive oil. Place in oven for around 30 minutes or until bubbling.