Learn how to make the staple takeaway dish of chinese fried rice in your own home using our step by step guide. With plenty of fresh vegetables and hearty chicken strips this makes a healthy and nutritious main meal.
The vegetables in this recipe are just an example and can be substituted with others if you prefer.
Other ingredients that also work well include:
- Bell pepper
Vegetarians can omit the chicken.
How to make chicken and vegetable fried rice
Por October 3, 2013Publicado:
Learn how to make the staple takeaway dish of chinese fried rice in your own home using our step by step guide. With plenty of fresh …
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 100 grams chicken
- 1 cup chopped beans
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped peas
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- 8/10 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 7 tbsp oil
- Scramble one egg and set aside. These will be used as garnish.
- Take a tbsp of oil and pour onto the precooked rice using your hand to mix in and break apart any clumps. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken. Add a pinch of salt and when the chicken turns golden brown take off the heat and set aside in a bowl until later.
- Using the same pan heat 4 tbsp of oil to cook the vegetables.
- Start by adding the chopped onion. Then garlic, followed by beans, carrots and peas and cook until soft.
- Take the other egg and beat in a bowl before adding to the pan of vegetables. Scramble the egg and mix together with the veg.
- Take the chicken and reheat together with the veg/egg mix.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, chilli garlic sauce and mix well.
- Take the cooked rice and combine with the vegetables and chicken in the pan. Stir until the rice is distributed evenly.
- Add MSG, pepper and salt and mix.
- Add spring onion and give one final mix.
- Serve the fried rice in a large bowl using the scrambled egg from the beginning to garnish.
- Dificultad: Easy