Possibly the most loved Fall dish is Pumpkin Pie. This hearty orange pie makes an impressive centrepiece for a dinner party and tastes amazing. Take a look at our basic Pumpkin Pie recipe and video so you can learn how to make this dish quickly and easily at home too.
To add a little variation to the basic recipe why not try adding a streusel topping or even some toasted nuts for an extra crunch. And if pies are not your thing then how about making a batch of the equally delicious pumpkin pie ice cream or pumpkin pie oatmeal bars?
So when carving out your pumpkin this Halloween, remember to put the pumpkin pulp to one side as it can be used to make all sorts of dishes from desserts, to ice creams to beer!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Por October 23, 2013Publicado:
Possibly the most loved Fall dish is Pumpkin Pie. This hearty orange pie makes an impressive centrepiece for a dinner party and tastes …
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspooon nutmeg fresh and finely ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger finely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Put the canned pumpkin puree into a mixing bowl.
- Add one large whole egg and 3 egg yolks and mix together with a whisk.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and stir.
- Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, pinch of chinese 5 spice, ginger and a pinch of salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Pour into a premade or prebought pie crust. Give a little shake and place in the centre of a pre heated oven at 420 degree F for 15 minutes. Then turn it down to 35 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a light dust of cinnamon (optional).