Mince pies are a Christmas classic, perfect on a cold winter evening with a glass of mulled wine. Follow this simple recipe for a fruity mince pie that is sure to be a hit at the annual Christmas party!
Decorate your mince pies with icing or sugar for a snowy effect!
Mince Pie Recipe
Por November 8, 2013Publicado:
- Resultado: 12 Número
- Preparación: 30 min
Follow this easy recipe to make the Christmas classic mince pie.
- 350g Mincemeat
- 210g Plain flour
- 45g Caster sugar golden
- 45g Ground almonds or cinnamon
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- Ready rolled pasrty
- Grease a 12-hole muffin/pie tin.
- Put the mincemeat into a large mixing bowl and stir. Add the flour, sugar, butter and almonds/cinnamon. Begin to stir and slowly add the egg. Put ingredients into a food processor for a smoother mixture.
- You should have a thick, moist consistency. Clump the mixture into a ball, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut out 12 circles with a large pastry cutter. Press each one into the holes of the baking tin. Fill the parcels with the mixture.
- Next cut out 12 more circles of pastry with a smaller pastry cutter. Place each circle onto each pie to cover the mincemeat and press the edges together with a fingertip to seal. Using a knife make a small slit in the top of each pie.
- Leave to stand for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Bake the pies for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm.