Christmas pudding is the must have desert to finish off your Christmas feast. This boozy desert is sure to keep your guests merry this Christmas! For a chocolate alternative, have a look at some special chocolate recipes.
Por November 13, 2013Publicado:
- Preparación: 20 min
Follow this simplified recipe to make this classic Christmas desert.
- 230g Caster sugar
- 230g Vegetable suet
- 350g Sultanas
- 350g Raisins
- 230g Currants
- 100g Candied peel
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 110g plain flour
- 110g White breadcrumbs
- 50g Flaked almonds
- 1tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 5 eggs
- 1tsp nutmeg grated
- pinch salt
- 150ml brandy
- Grease your 2 pint pudding basins.
- Mix together all the ingredients, adding in the eggs and brandy little by little. Mix well.
- Spoon all of the mixture into the pudding basins. Wrap mixture in foil and greaseproof paper or parchment. Then tie with string to keep it in place.
- Put the basins into a steamer of boiling water and cover. Boil for 6+ hours. You may need to top the water up from time to time.
- Once pudding is firm to touch, remove from steamer and allow to cool. Replace foil and greaseproof paper cover and string.
- Store in a cool, dry place until Christmas day. Can be stored for up to 6 weeks.