Nothing says Christmas like a glass of eggnog in front of the fire. This classic Christmas treat is sure to get you into the Christmas spirit.
Serve in a champagne glass for the perfect Christmas party appetizer.
Por November 19, 2013Publicado:
Follow this simple recipe to create this Christmas classic.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar to dust
- 2 cups milk
- 2 whole cloves
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup Cream
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brandy optional
- 4 egg whites optional
- Add Beat egg yolks into a mixing bowl. Then slowly add sugar and whisk until fluffy. An electric whisk will give a smoother mixture.
- Take a medium saucepan and mix milk, cloves and cinnamon. Slowly heat the mixture but be careful not to boil.
- Slowly add half of the hot mixture to the eggs, whisking while you add them. Then pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Heat further on a medium heat, stirring constantly. Heat until temperature reaches 160ºF. Be careful not to boil the mixture or it will curdle.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream. Strain the mixture to remove cloves and leave to cool.
- Mix in nutmeg, vanilla extract and brandy and chill.