Warm up this Winter with a glass of homemade mulled wine...
Bring the taste of Christmas into your home! Sweet, spicy and fruity all brewed into one hot and delicious drink. Mulled wine is perfect if you're hosting a Christmas party as you can cook up a large batch and allow your guests to serve as they wish.
Follow this recipe to make a steaming batch of mulled wine full of rich flavours and sweet aromas...
- Peel the zest from 3 of the lemons and one of the oranges and squeeze the juice
- Pour the wine, 1.2 litres of water, citrus peel and juices into a large pan
- Add cloves and cinnamon sticks
- Bring to simmering point, cover and simmer for about an hour
- Stir in sugar to taste
- While the mixture is brewing, slice the remaining lemon and orange into pieces to be used for garnish
- Once ready, strain and serve hot with lemon and orange garnish
Why not try this delicious Mince Pie Recipe to accompany your Christmas wine?