Create this Christmas Tree masterpiece made from homemade spinach tortillas and cream cheese filling! This dish will be a winner at any Christmas party as it's delicious, nutritious and a spectacle to look at...
This is perfect for vegetarians but if you wanted to add some meat then you could try filling combinations of chicken and sweetcorn or turkey with cranberry for an extra festive bite, both work really well and keep with the theme of Christmas.
For how to make the spinach tortillas check out the video and instructions below
- Cook the spinach in a pan with about 1/4 cup of water. Cook on a low heat until it wilts.
- Allow the spinach to cool as it will be easier to puree. When you are ready to puree, put the spinach into a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl, add the salt and a couple of tablespoons of oil. Mix.
- Now add the flour gradually, mixing all the time until you end up with a dough.
- Add a drop of oil onto the dough to make it easier to handle.
- Separate the dough into small bowls which you will roll out with a rolling pin.
- Cook in a tortilla maker or toast them on both sides in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Once cool spread cream cheese and roll into a cylinder.
- Cut the cylinder into bitesize chunks (or 'pinwheels') and arrange into a Christmas tree shape on a serving plate.
- Decorate with pickled onion 'baubles' and cheese 'stars'.