Taco is one of the most welcomed Mexican food all over the world, not very difficult to make but with many variations of different tastes.
With the contribution of Tofu, this type of tacos will offer you with some tasty appeal from Asia. Tofu is a very common type of vegetarian food in Asia and made from soya, it is suitable for vegetarians as it riches in soy protein and amino acid.
In addition, you are free to choose whatever sauce you want for your own taco taste.
Por February 5, 2014Publicado:
- Resultado: serves 4 (2 Número)
- Preparación: 45 min
Bored with sandwich and want to have something far away from Mexican?
- 14 ounce tofu
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 spoons water
- 1/2 cup carrots 2-inch
- 1/2 cup daikon radish 2-inch
- 2 spoon mayonnaise sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha hot chile sauce
- 8 corn tortillas 6-inch
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Cut tofu lengthwise into 2 (1-inch-thick) slices. Cut each slice lengthwise into 4 (1-inch-thick) strips. Place tofu on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels; top with a cast-iron skillet or other heavy pan. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tofu with salt and pepper. Add canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add tofu to pan; cook 10 minutes or until browned, turning to brown all sides. Remove tofu from pan, and drain on paper towels. Add cashews to pan; cook 30 seconds or until nuts are just beginning to brown. Remove nuts with a slotted spoon, and coarsely chop. Cut tofu strips crosswise into 1-inch cubes. Combine 1/4 cup vinegar, 3 tablespoons water, and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add carrots and radish. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and 1 teaspoon vinegar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred.
- Arrange about 1/4 cup carrot mixture in center of each tortilla; top with 4 tofu pieces, about 1/2 teaspoon cashews, about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture, and 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions.
- Dificultad: Moderate