Impress your guests with finger food that tastes amazing! These Mexican egg rolls are super delicious and can be served on their own or with a dip. For extra spice then throw in a few more jalapeños or to make it child friendly why not serve with a sweet chilli or a cool guacamole dip to take away some of the heat?
If Mexican isn't your thing then have a go at some other fillings:
- Shrimp and avocado
- Spinach and artichoke
- Baked mozzarella and pepperoni
Mexican Egg Rolls
Por November 19, 2013Publicado:
Spicy yet delicious recipe made for sharing!
- 1 pack egg roll wrappers
- 2 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1 sachet taco seasoning mix
- 1 red bell pepper minced
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers diced
- 1 1/2 cups pepperjack cheese shredded
- 4 cups oil or as much as needed for frying
- pinch salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Rub the chicken breasts with oil and cook over a medium heat until chicken is cooked and no longer pink. Stir in the taco seasoning then remove from heat and put the chicken to one side.
- In the same pan, heat a little more oil and cook the red pepper for approx. 5 minutes. Dice the chicken and add it to the pan.
- Stir in the jalapenos and sweetcorn and mix together over a medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and then add in the cheese so it melts.
- Spoon even amount of the mixture into the individual egg roll wrappers. Seal the edges, wetting with water if necessary.
- Fry the rolls in a pan of hot oil until golden brown. Drain before serving.