Stuffed mushrooms are an easy appetizer recipe for any occasion! You can use a variety of different ingredients to stuff your mushrooms, try these tasty ideas:
Before you start..
1) Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2) Wash and prepare your button mushrooms.
Goats Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 slices of sandwhich bread
- Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 ounces of soft goats cheese
- Salt, fresh parsley and red pepper flakes to season
- 2 x punnets of white button mushrooms
1) Add bread, garlic, goats cheese, salt, red pepper flakes and parsley to food processor and mix well.
2) Spoon filling into each mushrooms generously. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 100g crab meat
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- 1 celery, finely diced
- thyme, oregano, black pepper, fresh parsley, paprika to season
- 3 tbsps. parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsps. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
1) Heat butter in a frying pan and add, spring onion and celery, fry until softened.
2) In a mixing bowl add crab meat, thyme, oregano and black pepper and mix well. Add the contents of the frying pan and the lemon juice, parmesan, mayonnaise, parsley and paprika and mix well.
3) Spoon mixture into each mushroom and grate extra parmesan over them. Place on greased baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Bacon, Blue Cheese and Onion Stuffed Mushrooms
- 100g bacon
- 75g blue stilton cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley to season
- 2 baking potatoes
1) Cook baking potatoes for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Once baked, cut the potatoes in half and spoon out contents. Throw away skins and place potatoes into a large mixing bowl and add a little butter.
2) Splash oil into a frying pan and fry bacon and onion together.
3) Add contents of the frying pan to the potatoes, add stilton cheese and parsley and mix well.
4) Spoon contents into each button mushroom and place on greased baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.