Fresh alfalfa sprouts add a nice crunch to this sandwich. Since they contain much of the energy that plants need to grow, they’re nutritionally rich and contain a variety of vitamins and antioxidants; it contributes to this special taste Hummus club sandwich a lot. The sauce is also suitable for vegan eaters.
Hummus is one of the most widely-used sauce in Mid-east and Mediterranean area; not only it has a rich and creamy taste but also contains lower calory than mayonnaise. In this recipe, it is the highlight of this easy-to-make sandwich.
If you are a vegetarian and wish to try more vegetarian dishes, please check our Vegetarian recipes and you will find more.
By simply add some Hummus sause make this Hummus club sandwich´s taste even richer!
Hummus club sandwiches
Por February 12, 2014Publicado:
- Resultado: 4 sandwiches
- Preparación: 15 min
- Otro: 10 min
- Terminada en: 25 min
prepare yourself a creamy taste club sandwich with low calory!
- 3 tablespoons yogurt fat-free
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 talespoon tahini
- 1 talespoon Lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 ounce chickpeas drained
- 1 ounce bread whole-wheat
- 2 cups bibb lettuce shredded
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices red onion
- 15-25 slices cucumber
- 4 ounce alfalfa sprouts
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Spread 2 tablespoons hummus over 1 bread slice; top with 1/2 cup lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 1 onion slice, 1 bread slice, 1/4 cup cucumber, 1 cup sprouts, and 1 bread slice.
- Cut sandwich diagonally into quarters; secure with wooden picks. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Dificultad: Moderate