Want to recreate the iconic Bridget Jones bunny costume using a T-shirt? This tutorial will show you how!
This DIY costume is great for Halloween and any fancy dress party. It's easy to make at home, really cheap and the result is super sexy.
Sexy Bunny costume
Por October 10, 2013Publicado:
Want to recreate the iconic Bridget Jones bunny costume using a T-shirt? This tutorial will show you how! This DIY costume is …
- A large, long-sleeve black top
- Old white shirt
- A headband
- A bowtie
- 2 Buttons
- Furry cloth
- A pom pom for the tail
- Take the large black top and put a couple of pins that attach the front side to the back side to avoid it moving when drawing out the corset. Chalk the corset shape and cut out. Leave about a 2cm gap between the chalk outline and where you are cutting.
- Sew the sides together, using the chalk as a guideline for where to stitch. Do the same along the seam that will make the crotch. Turn inside out.
- Take the pom pom and sew onto the back of the corset to look like a little tail.
- On the cardboard, draw out a bunny ear shape. Cut out and place onto the sleeves of the black top. Chalk around the cardboard ears so you are left with the outline on the black sleeves. Cut out, again leaving a 2cm gap away from the chalk.
- Take the needle and thread and sew around the chalk outline of the ears. This is so that when you turn the ears inside out it will be neat and the raw edges will be hidden.
- Place the cardboard back into the ears after you have truned them inside out and sew along the bottom.
- Using the furry cloth cut out 2 pieces that will make up the white inside of the ears. You can use the ears to draw around as a template. The cloth can then be glued on with super glue or a hot glue gun.
- Turn the ears over and place a line of glue along the bottom. Stick the headband along the line of glue and leave to dry.
- Take the old white shirt and cut off the cuffs. Also remove the buttons as we will sew on the new buttons that you have chosen. Sew on these new buttons.
- The outfit is complete! Just pair with fishnet tights and heels to finish the look.