Make a creepy entrance this Halloween with a tutorial on how to make you look like a crazy escapee from an asylum.
The materials used for this costume are inexpensive - head to a charity shop to pick up the nightgown, and the other materials can be bought from a craft store for next to nothing.
To make the homemade costume extra murderous, splash on some fake blood and prepare to scare...
Asylum Escapee Halloween costume
Por October 10, 2013Publicado:
Make a creepy entrance this Halloween with a tutorial on how to make you look like a crazy escapee from an asylum. The materials …
- A nightgown 100% cotton for best results
- Spray bottle filled with brewed tea
- Black fabric paint or dye
- Mini sponge roller
- Teabag Use the one from making the tea
- Chain To tie round ankle
- Fake blood optional
- Lay the nightgown on a flat surface and start spraying with the tea mixture. Make it messy and random! Allow to dry outside and repeat process several times.
- Take the paintbrush, dip into the fabric paint/dye, and dab the bottem edge of the nightgown to make it look like the colour is seeping up from the bottom. Work back into this with bleach or sandpaper to make it look authentic and bedraggled.
- Scrunch the gown together, place on the floor and use the roller with a light coating of paint/dye to make random marks over the surface. Do not use a lot of paint/dye, just enough to make light flecks.
- Once dry, take the teabag and split it open to access the leaves. With your hands, smear the tea leaves into the dress to make it look even more dirty.
- The nightgown is ready to wear. To complete the look make sure to put on some scary makeup, 'crazify' your hair and tie the chain around your ankle. Fake blood can also be used to make the appearance more gory - just spill it over you and the gown!