Make your own celebratory party crackers
No Christmas or New Years party is complete without the party crackers. Follow these instructions to make your own that you can fill with personalised gifts for each family member.
The great thing about making them yourself is that it is completely up to you what goes inside. Miniature toys are perfect for kids kids crackers. You could include little toy cars for boys and for the girls place a pair of earrings in a pouch. For an inexpensive way to fill a party cracker buy the person their favorite sweet or chocloate... And don't forgot to include a joke in each one!
What you will need:
- parchment paper
- packing paper
- toilet paper roll or empty wrapping paper tube
- sewing machine
- candy and prizes for the filling
- Cut the paper tubes into equal sizes that are big enough to put prizes into.
- Cut the tube pieces in half.
- Cut the parchment paper so it covers the tubes and has extra at either end so you can pull the cracker apart. Perforate the paper in the middle with a sewing machine. (rips more easily)
- Roll the tubes up in the parchment paper and tie one side shut with the twine or ribbon.
- Fill the tubes with prizes.
- Tie the other side shut with twine.
- Take a piece of packing paper and decorate as you wish... glitter, write the year, stars etc
- Attach the packing paper around the tube.