Follow our simple recipe and make a batch of tasty Christmas cookies. Our recipe includes white chocolate chunks and peppermint sugar crystals to give a soft chewy inside and a crisp crunch on the outside. With the red and white colour scheme and the added ingredient of crushed candycane these are the ultimate festive cookies!
Once you've made the cookies why not show off your artistic technique and decorate them with Christmas inspired icing designs! Check out the icing on these Christmas treats...
Christmas cookies with white chocolate and peppermint
Por November 5, 2013Publicado:
- Resultado: 34 cookies
Follow our simple recipe and make a batch of tasty Christmas cookies. Our recipe includes white chocolate chunks and peppermint sugar …
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 ounces white chocolate chopped into chunks
- 1 cup candycane crushed
- a pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a machine whisker (with a paddle attachment) cream together the butter and sugar. Once light and fluffy, add in the egg and the peppermint extract. Next incorporate the flour mixture from before whilst continuing to mix but on a low speed. Once they have formed a mixture add the buttermilk and chocolate chunks and continue to stir until they are incorporated.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Once chilled place onto the baking tray in balls of about a tablespoon.
- Bake until they turn slightly golden brown around the edges (about 12 -14 minutes). Leave to cool completely before decorating with icing.