Homemade jam is so easy to make and is absolutely scrumptious on toast, a warm croissant or for a very British treat, on homemade scones.
Get creative and decorate recycled jars with pretty stickers and ribbon. Add a message onto the label for a great diy gift idea, or put in a Christmas stocking!
How to make Jam
Por October 21, 2013Publicado:
Follow this simple recipe to create a delicious homemade jam
- Clean the jars using hot water and soap or put them into the dishwasher.
- Put the berries and sugar into a large pan onto a low heat. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and cook for 3-5 minutes until the jam reaches setting point. As your jam approaches setting point, it will thicken and start to boil more slowly, with thicker, heavier bubbles.
- In order to test if the jam has reached setting point. Place a table spoon in the fridge. Put a drop of jam onto the spoon and allow to cool. If jam sets and wrinkles when touched, the jam has set. If not continue to boil for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Once jam has reached setting point, ladle the jam into your jars and seal tight.