Gingerbread cookies are the perfect Christmas treat. They make a tasty desert or Christmas party treat that are sure to get you into the Christmas sprit. A fun activity to do with the kids, be imaginative with your design, use shape cutters, glitter, sweets, chocolate and icing to create magical snowmen and the perfect gingerbread houses.
Wrap them up to create beautiful gifts, or thread some ribbon through them to create some Christmassy decorations.
Here are some images to give you some decoration ideas and inspiration:
Por November 6, 2013Publicado:
- Preparación: 30 min
Follow the steps in this easy recipe to make the perfect Gingerbread.
- 350g Plain Flour
- 125g Softened butter
- 175g Brown Sugar
- 1 egg medium
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ginger ground
- 1tsp Ground cinnamon
- 4tsp Golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and sugar and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Using a food processor will give a smoother mixture.
- Beat the egg slightly with the golden syrup and add to the mixture. You should have a doughy texture.
- Kneed the dough until smooth, then wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper and butter.
- Roll the dough out to a half an inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Use cutters to cut out the gingerbread shapes and place them on the baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack and wait until completely cooled to decorate with icing.
- Dificultad: Child Friendly