Give your old top a new lease of life by creating a custom design tie dye T-shirt! Turn that grey-top-that-used-to-be-white into something wearable once again by simply adding some fabric dye and leaving to dry. Have a look at the tutorial below to find out how...
*It doesn't just have to apply to T-shirts - try using the dye on shorts, dresses and shoes too*
Custom tie dye T-shirt
Por September 30, 2013Publicado:
Give your old top a new lease of life by creating a custom design tie dye T-shirt! Turn that grey-top-that-used-to-be-white into …
- Ketchup bottles One for each individual colour
- Fabric dye
- Rubber bands
- Buckets One for each individual colour
- Boil the water.
- Put fabric dye into the empty buckets and pour the boiled water in. Stir. (Allow 400ml of water for every colour you are going to use)
- Soak your T-shirt in tap water and wring out thoroughly. Decide what pattern you are going to do. (SEE VIDEO FOR OPTIONS)
- Once you have twirled the T-shirt according to your chosen pattern, secure with rubber bands.
- Pour the dye mix into the rubber bottles and squirt over the scrunched T-shirt in a circular motion ...or randomly, its up to you! REMEMBER to cover both sides in dye.
- Place in plastic bags and leave to dry for 2 days out in the sun.
- Rinse the T-shirts whilst still tied.
- When the water runs clear take off the rubber bands, and wash in the washing machine.
- Leave to dry and voila!