Candles are a great winter warmer, this year why not try personalising your candles by giving them the on trend dip dye effect.
Great activity to do with the kids and also makes for a chic centrepiece or decoration. These beautiful candles are also a perfect homemade gift idea. Just choose the favourite colours of a loved one for a thoughtful gift this Christmas!
Materials you will need:
- White candles (preferably pillar shape)
- Bleached beeswax beads
- Ceramic plate
1) Boil some water in a large saucepan and place a bowl or another saucepan into the water to act as a double boiler.
2) Place the bleached beeswax into the saucepan to melt.
3) Add shaving of the crayon of you desired colour. Add more shavings for a bolder colour. Remove wax from heat.
4) You can use an old candle to test the colour. Dip the candle into the hot wax for about 10 seconds then place on a heat proof surface or ceramic plate to cool.
5) Once the wax has completely cooled and solidified you will be able to pop the candle out of the wax and have your finished product.
Here is what the finished product should look like: