Fall is known as apple season. They are ripe, delicious and ready to be harvested so make the most of them and follow our classic apple pie recipe. It makes the perfect dessert for a dinner party, the apple filling is fruity and light while the crust is delicious and buttery!
Classic Apple Pie Recipe
Por October 25, 2013Publicado:
Fall is known as apple season. They are ripe, delicious and ready to be harvested so make the most of them and follow our classic …
- 10 cups apples peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 tbsp flour
- Ground cinnamon enough to sprinkle a few times
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- nutmeg sprinkle
- Store bought dough for crust
- butter to grease the dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter. Roll out enough dough to cover the bottom and place in the dish.
- Combine the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and stir. Pour this into the dish on top of the dough.
- Cover the apple filling with another sheet of dough. Make slits in the top so the pie can breathe. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.