Inspiration and tips to create the perfect small kitchen
A small kitchen should be designed in such a way that creates a sense of space. Follow these tips to enhance the illusion of volume and create a room that is bright and elegant:
- The lighting. Try and get as much natural light as possible.
- Choose unified colours. It is preferable to choose something light (white) and use this throughout.
- Use 'virtual' spaces, for example, the space under a staircase.
- Be smart with your appliances. There are plenty of compact appliances available at present that can do multiple tasks.
- A kitchen island is a good way to create more tabletop/dining surface.
- Go vertical! Using pegs, hooks and shelves is a smart and efficient way to use space.
- Vintage tins and glass jars are good for storage and you don't need to worry about where to put them as they look great on display.