Thanksgiving is the holiday where your cooking skills are put to the test. A time where the whole family can get together and enjoy a meal, so the pressure is on! Getting your turkey just right can be a difficult task, follow this simple recipe for a delicious roast turkey which is sure to impress your guests!
Serve with vegetables and gravy for the perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
Por October 31, 2013Publicado:
- Preparación: 15 min
- Otro: 2 h 30 min
- Terminada en: 2 h 45 min
Follow this easy recipe learn how to roast a turkey.
- 1 Whole fresh turkey
- 4 tbsp Butter room temperature
- Dry white wine
- 2tsp Salt
- 2tsp ground pepper
- 2 Stock cubes
- instant-red meat thermometer
- 1) Wash the bird with water and make sure it is at room temperature.
- 2) To prepare the turkey, make sure the neck and giblets are removed. Next tuck the wings under the body of the bird. Season the inside and outside of the bird with salt and pepper.
- 3) Before placing the bird in the oven, stuff the bird until full. Add lemon and sage to add extra flavour if you wish. You can secure the neck flap with toothpicks if need be.
- 4) Tie the legs together using cotton string to keep the stuffing in place. Paste the turkey with butter and any additional seasoning you wish.
- 5) Place the bird in a heavy roasting pan and pour over some white wine. Put in oven at a 350 degree heat.
- 6) Every 30 minutes, baste your turkey with butter and the white wine pan juices.
- 7) After about 2 1/2 hours cooking time, check the temperature of the bird using instant-red thermometer, it should be around 165 degrees.
- 8) Take the turkey out of the oven and rest for 30 minutes.
- 9) Add the pan juices to your gravy mixture for an extra tasty gravy. Carve the turkey and serve.