Got an old mirror that you want to spruce up?
There are so many ways that you can give your mirror a makeover on the cheap. All it requires is a glue gun, paint and a bit of creativity.
You can use all kinds of materials to redecorate your mirror, the most popular are; wood, shells, paint, glitter, paper and believe it or not plastic spoons! Here are a few pictures to give you some ideas:
Take a look at the following tutorial to create a beautiful paper rose mirror frame.
DIY Paper Rose Mirror Frame
Por October 17, 2013Publicado:
Follow these easy steps to give your old mirror the makeover it needs! Source: http://ann-kay-home.blogspot.com.es
- Old mirror
- Glue gun
- 1 Roll of Crepe paper
- Paper twine or Raffia anything similar
- Paint optional
- Paint your old mirror to your desired colour if necessary.
- Measure the inner and outer lengths and cut off the paper twine according to your measurements. You should have 8 strings, 4 for inside and 4 for the outside edges.
- Place a small dab of hot glue into one inner corner and attach the end of the first string. Let the glue cool to make sure that the string stays in place, then glue the string along the edge of the mirror. Repeat on all 8 inner and outer edges of the mirror.
- To make the roses, cut the crepe paper into strips, of about 2-4cm. (Larger flowers can be used for majority of frame and small flowers can be used as gap fillers).
- Take one strip into your left hand, crumple one end and roll it 2-3 times to create a shape similar to a ball. This is the base of the flower. Then put a small dab of hot glue onto the bottom side of the base, let it cool off and then twist the rest of the strip around the base while rolling the flower in your hand. Apply glue every once in a while and finally onto the end of the strip to secure the flower.
- Attach flowers to the frame using the hot glue gun, spreading them evenly.
- Cover up any gaps with paper twine, using same technique as step 3.