With the holidays coming up, you may already be looking for holiday activites for your kids. These distractions can often be expensive, so why not build your own DIY Playhouse from scratch.
Furnish it with cushions, snacks and their favourite games and why not ask the kids to help you decorate it?
They are so easy to make, all you need is:
- Large cardboard boxes (you can either buy these from a craft store or use recycled ones)
- Sharpie pen
- Box knife or scissors
- Masking tape
- Wallpaper, wrapping paper, paint, fabric, glue, glitter (or anything you can get your hands on to decorate your playhouse)
1) Flatten your cardboard box and draw the outlines windows and doors.
2) Cut out the shapes of the windows and doors using the box knife/ scissors
3) Assemble your cardboard box by taping it together.
4) Finally, decorate your DIY playhouse using pretty wallpaper etc
Tip: Use paper flowers and glitter for a girls playhouse and include blue and green colours for a boys playhouse!