Decorative Wallpaper Staircase
This DIY staircase tutorial will allow you to redesign your staircase, giving you a hardwood finish with decorated risers that are sure to create a 'wow' factor.
If you have a carpeted staircase then watch the video above for a step by step tutorial of how to remove the carpet, sand and finish the wood ready for decorating. As our DIY requires you to stick wallpaper onto the stairs it is best to prepare the wood so that you can achieve optimum results.
DIY wallpaper staircase decoration
Por October 22, 2013Publicado:
Decorative Wallpaper Staircase This DIY staircase tutorial will allow you to redesign your staircase, giving you a hardwood …
- Metal ruler
- Tape measure
- A piece of thick card big enough to create a template of one of the risers
- Craft knife or scissors
- Cutting board
- Wallpaper of your choice
- PVA glue and brush
- Clear varnish
- To make the template: Hold the card against one of the risers and pencil an outline. Cut out with scissors or craft knife and board. This should fit on all risers but just make sure as sometimes the sizes vary (especially in old houses!)
- With the template hold against the back of your wallpaper and draw an outline in pencil. Cut out. Remember to make up for any differences if the template does not fit the riser exactly. Cut out as many pieces of wallpaper as you need.
- Make sure the steps are free of dust and paint a layer of PVA over the riser. Take one of your wallpaper cut outs and stick down. Start from the middle and work your way outwards to avoid any creases or bubbles.
- Leave the glue to dry for about 24 hours before putting a clear varnish layer over the top to protect the paper.