Decorating the Christmas tree is one of the oldest traditions. It's a great way to bond with the family and to get into that Christmas spirit. However Christmas tree decorations can be very expensive! So if you're looking to spruce up your tree on a budget why not make your own ornaments this year?
Try these fabulous DIY glitter bauble ornaments, they're fun and easy to make and all you need is:
- Metallic thread
- Cotton string
- Paint Brush
1) Blow up a balloon so that it is about the size of you fist or to your liking. Tie it in a knot and tie the cotton string to the knot.
2) Thin the glue using a little water and using a paint brush, cover the balloon in a thin layer of glue.
3) Wrap the balloon in your metallic thread (or cotton string if you do not have any thread). Firstly wrap the string vertically and then horizontally so the balloon is well covered. Next hang the balloon using the string and allow to dry for 3-4 hours.
4) Once dry, pop the balloon using a pin and use the tweezers to remove it. Next cover with your watered down glue and apply glitter, being carefully to distribute the glitter evenly.
5) Cut the knot off and hang from your Christmas Tree.