Adorn your fireplace with a shabby chic DIY burlap Christmas garland. It's the perfect rustic Christmas decoration that adds a cosy, inviting touch to any room. Garlands are simple to make, especially with burlap as it doesn't have to be neat, the messier it looks the better!
To make a beautiful vintage Christmas garland all you need is burlap, twine and tape. Check out the instructions below and get started...
Burlap Christmas Garland
Por November 14, 2013Publicado:
Adorn your fireplace with a shabby chic DIY burlap Christmas garland. It's the perfect rustic Christmas decoration that adds a cosy, …
- Unroll one roll of the burlap and lay flat onto a work surface. Tie a piece of tape around the end of the twine to make a point which you can thread through the burlap.
- Weave the twine in and out through the centre of the burlap from one end to the other (almost like sewing with a needle and thread).
- For a bulky garland leave larger spaces between your weaves.
- Once the twine is weaved all the way through, pull the twine tight and bunch the burlap together.
- Repeat this for all 4 rolls (it depends how big you want to make your garland) and once finished tie them all together with the twine.
- Rearrange the folds of the burlap, you might want to add some twists, and generally adjust the burlap so it looks like one continuous garland.
- Before hanging you can add decorations such as Christmas lights, beads, pine cones, Christmas sprigs and Christmas ornaments.
- Hang up the garland with hooks or drape around the staircase!